Pages

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Have yourself a very MULBERRY Christmas...

... well I did that's for sure!

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and are looking forward to 2012. I have so many posts to try and cram in before the Xmas holidays are up and after my post-Christmas sales dash, I couldn't wait to share my very Mulberry Christmas with you!


Ta-dah!

Pictured above is: the Daria Mini Satchel in Oak, the Heart Friendship Bracelet in Black and the Frog Pin from AW11.



I was a very lucky girl this year and received the bracelet from my best friend for my recent Birthday (a week before Christmas) and the frog pin from my boyfriend for Christmas - the strong hints obviously paid off! And then I treated myself to the Daria Satchel in the Sales.

I love the bracelet, my friend knows me so well, and I've worn it loads, although it is a little tricky to put on yourself to start with! It is a pale gold metal heart with a keyhole cutout through the middle and the Mulberry tree stamped on the side. It is held onto the wrist with a black waxed cord with sliding knots to loosen/tighten as desired. It is still available on the Mulberry website at £60 RRP. The Frog Pin I've had my eye on for ages, I wear the leopard one from last year a lot and wanted to expand my collection, so this pressie went down very well on Christmas Day. It is made of pale gold metal, has the Mulberry tree stamped on the side and green/blue jewel eyes. This doesn't seem to be available any more, as each season they bring out a new style of pin - check out the Peace and Luck ones for SS11 - very cute!

Now the bag is (in fact Mulberry bags in general) my Achilles heel. Oh my god! I'm in love with this brand! They always use the most fabulous leathers and each piece is so well made it will last you for years and years! My purse is over two years old and has been used every day but still looks almost new.

Last January sales a close friend bought herself the larger Daria Satchel in Oxblood and I adored the design! But having only recently bought myself a Somerset Hobo and Alexa Satchel, I couldn't spare the expense. Then during the Summer, I was really looking for a cute small, but not tiny, across the body satchel in a Tan leather. Could I find one? No. And then I spotted the Mini Daria in Black.

To cut a long story short, basically Mulberry weren't and then were, going to do it in the Oak (Mulberry's answer to Tan). And back in November, I found out that my local House of Fraser Mulberry concession were finally stocking the Oak version. I ummmed and ahhhhhed but couldn't justify the £475 price tag at this time of year, so I held off in hope that the January sales would be good to me and on Christmas Eve I got the sales email of all sales emails... the Mulberry sale had started... and yes! The Mini Daria Satchel was included! Woohoo!

Yep, out loud, I literally "Woohoo-ed".

So in I flocked to House of Fraser after Christmas and snapped up my very own Mini Daria for £332. That saved me £143 by just hanging on a month!! It is a gorgeous soft spongey leather, with a big gold metal plaque on the front with the Mulberry tree stamped out. It has a long detachable strap which is partially plaited and clasps onto gold metal rings on either side of the satchel. It is still on the Mulberry website, in the sale, if you're interested, but only in black. For some reason, it has never been available in Oak online, despite it being in Mulberry stores??! I can't wait to wear it out, although it does feel more like a warmer weather bag, so I might hold off until late Spring for it's first outing. In all for me though, 2011 ended on a very happy (albeit expensive!) note!


Have you ever bought anything Mulberry? Did you get anything in the Mulberry Sales? What was your first ever Mulberry purchase?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...