Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

New Years Eve Make Up - Cleopatra Style

On New Year's Eve, my cousin Annabelle asked me to assist with her make-up for a 'Queen' themed bash. She decided to go as a modern take on Cleopatra and asked me to do her eye make-up, so I thought I'd quickly share with you how it turned out.


It was actually really simple to do:

I primed her lids with Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion then applied a sweep of Urban Decay's Half Baked from the Naked Palette across her lids and the pale shade from Clinique's Eyeshadow duo in Deco dence from her lids up to her eyebrow. To create the black outline I used Clinique's Brush-on Cream Liner in Graphite (I think this was ltd ed.) with Benefit's Get Bent Liner Brush. I first lined the top of her lids, flicked out towards the ends of her eybrows by about 1/4 inch, then joined this by underlining her eyes and finally outlining near her tear ducts. This same look could equally be created with an Eyeliner Pen or Liquid Eyeliner but I prefer to work with cream liners. I then made the line across her top lashline more defined, and her lids more gold, with a light sweep of MAC's Fluidline in Brassy following the top of the black line. She applied some mascara and then I fitted her with a set of false eyelashes she had chosen - I think they were Eylure but I can't be sure. I also brushed MAC's Matte Eyeshadow in Embark, through her eybrows to give them a little more depth (although this isn't very visible in the top photo).


The top photo is with flash, and the lower photo is without (iPhone again, sorry for the not so great quality!)

She was very impressed with the final results and she finished her make up with a slick of nude lipstick and a gold-toned lipgloss so as to keep attention drawn to her eyes.

What do you think? Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...