Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

SheSaidBeauty Box - July Edition

August's box arrived promptly on my doormat this morning - yikes, SheSaidBeauty are on the ball with delivery! And it spurred me into realising that I had still to post about July's box... ooops!

So for my second beauty box review today, I give you the July box from SheSaidBeauty:



Freeze 24-7 Ice Crystals Anti-Aging Prep & Polish Exfoliator - 1.2ml sample - full size 70g £35.00

One use sachets really bug me because you just can't get enough to decide if you'll buy the product. Saying that, this one sure packs a punch in one use! The consistency is a bit like toothpaste and you have to be quite gentle when you apply it to damp skin, because this has some serious exfoliating action! Normally, I scrub my face hard with exfoliators and they never seem enough, but this is AMAZING! Sensitive skins be careful though as it might feel quite strong. It left a menthol-type tingle and my face was really soft after use. Repurchase? I think so!

LaylaD Honey Moisturiser - 15ml sample size - full size 50ml £12.99

Now this is a gorgeous smelling cream that contains pure organic honey and coconut oil - it made me want to eat it! It sank into my skin well and a little goes quite a long way, but I avoided using this on my face during the day because I felt it left a slight residue on my skin after use. So I've reserved it for night time use only which actually suits its design to "soothe and restore dry or blemish prone skin". Dry skin and blemishes? Sounds contradictory doesn't it? Well only time will tell if it really works. For now, it just feels and smells goooood!

Miners Cosmetics Love Phat Liner in Bandit - full size pencil £3.99

Who doesn't love a good old eyeliner?! And what a blast from the past with Miners Cosmetics! I quite like this thick creamy pencil as it applied smoothly without dragging across the eye. It was also easy to smudge - to soften the line and create the "smokey eye" look. But I found that this didn't last particularly well on me and transferred a little to my eye socket from my upper lid throughout the day - but to be honest, most creamy liners do this on me anyway. Damn greasy skin!

Murad Time Release Blemish Cleanser - full size 30ml £5.50 (200ml £29.00)

Murad... Murad... where have we had this before? Ah yes, GlossyBox back in January. For some reason, I find it a bit annoying that SheSaid Beauty have begun repeating brands that GlossyBox have already covered but at least it's a different product I suppose. I've tried this out a couple of times, and it's OK but nothing much to rave about. It cleans the skin but I haven't noticed any other major benefits. I think I'll stick to my Clinique Liquid Facial Soap as I prefer a cleanser that will lather up - something to do with feeling more 'clean' I guess.

Stylfile S-file - full size nail file £4.49

Now this is a product that has grown on me. I have to be honest, when I first opened the box, I initially thought 'What the heck is this?' and I don't think Tom Pellereau's face on the packaging does much to sell it to me as a product that I need because he invented it??! But now I've tried it out my mind is starting to change. It is surprisingly easy to use - especially for your non-dominant hand. Other than that, there's not much to say, it's only a  nail file after all!
Eden Natural Nail Polish Remover - unsure of sample size - full size 50ml £12.00

I LOVE the idea of a natural nail polish remover and really hoped that this product would deliver. On smell it certainly ticked the boxes - no strong acetone scent, just a citrus lime aroma. But there wasn't enough in the sample to try out on a full manicure and with what was there, it wasn't as effective as acetone. I'd love to stop using normal chemical based nail polish removers, but for ease of use, they do the job so much better. Sorry Eden!


 
Debenhams Beauty Club Card - free in Debenhams Department Stores!!!!

Now this seriously fooked me off! I don't mind things like this being included in beauty boxes, as part of the leaflets/offers/advertising but DON'T pass it off as a 'bonus' sample! I can pick one of these up in my local department store, and in fact, I did a long while back and have reaped it's benefits ever since! This unfortunately put a dampener on the whole box for me this month. I still can't quite believe the cheek of it being included as a bonus sample.... OK... rant over.



So in all, a similar feeling to last month for me. Some of July's box was great and other parts less so. The stand out product for me (and actually the smallest sample!) was the Freeze 24-7 exfoliator - I cannot get over how soft it left my skin... and I'm sure you can guess my biggest frustration - the damn beauty club card! I do still think however, that I have got great value for money at £9 per month plus P&P and will of course be continuing my subscription.

If you like the idea of the SheSaidBeauty box then use this referral link to start your subscription now!


Disclaimer - I have subscribed to the SheSaidBeauty box out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...