Pages

Saturday 8 December 2012

SheSaidBeauty Box - November Edition



I'm finally catching up... onto my November beauty boxes now, then I can finally get stuck into December's. Phew!

So November's box from SheSaidBeauty felt like a little beauty prep box, ready for the festive season. And I have to admit, they did a pretty good job of covering all bases. A bit of haircare, fragrance, make-up, skincare and nail care

So...? Brit Body Spray - 50ml full size worth £1.99
Oh my God I instantly feel 12 years old again! This was certainly a blast from the past to find in this month's box. I don't think I've bought a body spray for well over 10 years and after a quick sniff of this patriotic edition of So...? I remembered why. They just smell of 'girl' don't they? You know what I mean, there's nothing woman or lady about it, body spray's literally scream teenager. It's every girl's introduction to perfume before she can afford the decent stuff in glass bottles. I like my current fragrance collection just fine thank you, so this just wasn't really for me... just a nice, but brief, wander down memory lane.

Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Night Cream - 5ml sample size - full size 30ml £14.95
Uh, bloody Weleda. I got the Iris day cream in a past GlossyBox and really wasn't that fussed about it. The fact that this is a night cream *sigh* and a Wild Rose one at that *double sigh* really didn't spark my interest. As I've moaned many a time before, I just don't do night creams and Rose scents seems to give me a thick head. So I already anticipate that this will end up in my 'samples to give away' box, along with the Iris Day Cream and Pomegranate body wash from an old Carmine Box. Sorry Weleda, I'm just not that into you.

Redken Smooth Lock Shampoo & Conditioner - 2x 10ml sample sachets - full size 300ml shampoo £11.85 250ml conditioner £13.40
Ooh yes, I love me some Redken. Now I know I like to hate upon repeated brands across beauty boxes, let alone within the same brand beauty box but I can forgive SheSaidBeauty for this one (Redken also appeared in the August edition here). My hair salon uses Redken and I have used/currently use a few of their products for well over a year or two. My usual hair washing duo is the red colour protect formulae but the Smooth Lock sachets sound appealing as my ends look a bit unruly at the moment! I can't say how effective these are long term, as I got at most two trials out of these samples. But the after effect was smooth, frizz free and shiny. I think for now I will stick with my colour protection bottles though as I'd fear the repercussions of the almond oil in these on my greasy roots. It's nice to try other ranges though from time to time.

Makebelieve enhance Sunbeam Bronzer and Brush - full size 6g worth £15.00
What a beautifully boxed bronzer and it comes with it's own kabuki brush! I've heard good things about the Makebelieve self tan range so was very pleased to see this bronzer in my box. I don't currently have any bronzer loyalty, I've tried a few on the market and none of them have wowed me yet, so I'm open to influence! On closer inspection, the brush is just a soft as I'd hoped and the perfect little travel size, but the inner packaging, holding the brush and bronzer itself, is not ideal. It's big and clumsy, and looks quite shoddily made. I was hoping for more of an HD brows kind of quality but ah well, I'll try it out regardless. The bronzer isn't shimmery and gives a nice golden glow that blends well. It's doesn't wow me, but I will definitely use it up. It's just a pity that it's not really makeup bag sized, so this will have to remain on the dressing table.

Yardley Royal English Daisy Eau de Toilette - 1ml sample size - full size 50ml £9.99 125ml £14.95
Oh for pity sake! SheSaidBeauty... Yardley? Again? Really?! I wasn't all that impressed after Yardley was inlcuded in the June box and now we have it again in November. That's three times I've got one of these fragrance samples in the last year, including the one in the February Carmine box. On the plus side, this one is the nicest scent of them all - fresh and slightly sweet but not overpowering - but I'm just not a Yardley sort of gal I'm afraid.

Murray's Manicure Matchbook Nail Files - full size worth £1.99
Mini nail files, what a nice little bonus. There's not much I can say about these really; it's a match book, of 15 mini emery boards in a candy stripe pink design. Perfect for the handbag and those little nail emergencies.

So an interesting bunch for November, kind of average in my opinion, I hope they pull out all the stops for December's box. It is Christmas after all :)

If you like the idea of the SheSaidBeauty box then use this referral link to start your subscription now!

Disclaimer - I have subscribed to the SheSaidBeauty box out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...