Pages

Thursday 6 December 2012

SheSaidBeauty Box - October Edition



Oh sweet Jesus! I MUST get my butt in gear! Right, new pact to myself - get all my beauty box reviews done before the end of 2012 or scrap them completely. Deal! I have toyed with bothering to do my October, November and December reviews but in the end decided that I have too much I want to share with you from them so I'm going to plod on regardless.

Anyways, let's get back to it, SheSaidBeauty's October box so what did we get here?....

Amy Child's Fragrance by Jigsaw ESL - sample size - full size 30ml £14.99 50ml £19.99
Oh there's nothing quite like a tacky celebrity fragrance sample is there?! Sorry, I sound like a right snob! But I'm just not a fan. Amy Child's contribution to the world of perfumery is pleasant but far from elegant - it's sweet and fruity but doesn't last particularly long on the skin. Repurchase? I think I'll give this one a miss...

Cellnique Advanced Bio Renewal Masque - 3g sample - 50g full size $51.00
Now Cellnique is not a brand I've heard of before and after looking through my contents card for this month's box, I notice a few products with an RRP in $ - including this masque. I wish it had been a bigger sample size, but I made use of every drop in the sample pot - all in one go of course! This is best described as a cross between a clay mask and scrub. I applied it like a clay mask, let it dry and then rinsed it off with warm water and by rubbing my fingertips in a circular motion to get the exfoliant benefits. I have to point out that this masque smells A-MAZ-ING it's probably the fruit acids and enzymes and if I could, I would have tried licking my face clean! It left my face feeling smooth and soft and I'm seriously considering a repurchase.

B.liv Off With Those Heads - 3ml sample - full size 30ml $49.00 45ml $63.00
B.liv is actually part of the Cellnique brand and this little sample tube was the big winner in the October box for me. And don't you just the love the slightly gross but catchy name? It's a clear blackhead sebum gel that you apply daily to areas with blemishes and it promises to clear up skin and keep it blemish free in 14 days. I applied this at night and definitely started to notice my skin clearing - but alas the sample was not enough to see the benefits past two weeks. This gel really reminded me of something too and it took me a long while, racking my brain, to try and work out what it was - and then it hit me one night - Bonjela! this gel has a scent and texture not unlike the ulcer treatment product. Weird, but not enough to put me off. Repurchase? hell yes!

Biao Beauty Rejuvenating Night Crème 2x 2g sample sachet - 118ml full size $24.50
Nope. Didn't like this one at all! I'm not a fan of night creams, preferring instead to just use a little blob of Estée Lauder's Advanced Night Repair, but I thought I'd try it out. And yep, I'm more convinced I don't like night creams! It was heavy on my skin, had a strong floral (rose maybe?) scent that went straight to my head and my face felt very greasy on the morning. I daren't use it a second time for fear of overloading my skin and breaking out. It's a no from me I'm afraid.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Travel Size Lotion - full size 50ml £1.19 - 250ml £3.85
Ah, good old Palmer's Cocoa Butter. My sister swears by this stuff and I have many friends attesting to it's smoothing properties for helping to avoid/reduce the appearance of stretch marks. I have tried out the brand before and I like the product but haven't used it since my teens. I'm tempted to keep hold of this little sample size for holidays but will look to pick up a bigger bottle on my next trip to Boots.

Myvitamins Total Green Tea Extract - 30 tablets full size £2.49
Hmmm, I wasn't quite sure what to do when I saw that we got some vitamins to try out. I think my initial thought was Ooo, these will be nice to try quickly followed by Who are you kidding? You'll never take them! And of course, I tried out one and they have sat on my side table ever since. Damn! I'm not a huge lover of vitamin supplements and instead prefer to try and eat a balanced diet. So as for effectiveness? I haven't the foggiest! But if you're into these health kick diet thingys then I guess a new brand would be interesting to try out.

So in summary... well October's box is not as 'wow' as September's but SheSaidBeauty have really impressed me by looking further afield to find some alternative brands. The Cellnique and B.liv products have impressed me the most and well, I'll leave you to guess which one I could have done without!

If you like the idea of the SheSaidBeauty box then use this referral link to start your subscription now!

Disclaimer - I have subscribed to the SheSaidBeauty box out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...