Pages

Sunday 13 January 2013

SheSaidBeauty's Last Box - December Edition



So December was the last ever instalment of the SheSaid Beauty box. First it was the feelunique.com box to disappear, closely followed by Carmine and now SheSaidBeauty have joined the graveyard of beauty boxes been and gone.

So what did the last box offer? Well it was a nice mix of products with a couple of treats thrown in for good measure and Christmas cheer...

MesmerEyez Coloured Contact Lenses  RRP £6.99
I have never tried contacts before, let alone coloured ones. So these little lovelies were a really nice surprise. I'd always wanted to try them, but had never wanted to fork out for something I might not feel comfortable in. Turns out they were tricky to put in but once they were in, they were rather comfortable to wear. I have a full review coming up soon so stay posted...

Jamela 24k gold Under Eye Mask SheSaidBeauty Box December 2012 RRP £32.50 for 16 pairs
Now don't these look fancy?! These Jamela eye masks are 24k gold infused to help with the rejuvenation of collagen in the skin. It's a little frustrating that they don't seem to come with any instructions on how long they should be applied for, but I'm saving them for a special occasion to treat myself - I highly doubt I'll be investing in 'gold' skincare treats on a regular basis.

Dr Duve Anti-Ageing & Firming Eye Cream RRP £115 for 30ml and Dr Duve Skin Boosting Cream RRP £129 for 50ml
It's a little frustrating when a tiny sample sachet get passed off as a product in these boxes, even more so when it's two! But I can forgive this when I look at the price tag... *whistle*... that's a lot of pennies for some cream! These anti ageing potions are for mature skin though and luckily, mature I am not. I will be passing these onto Mother dearest.

Technic Nail Varnish in Tawny Port RRP £1.25 12ml
I've seen this brand popping up a little on instagram but have yet to try their polishes, when my current Shellac mani wears out, I'll pop this on and give it a go. It reminds me of a favourite No7 polish of mine, I think it's called Blackberry, but this doesn't have the subtle metallic shimmer.

Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask RRP £1.60 per sachet
Uh! Another repeat sample. I got one of these clay masks back in the SheSaidBeauty September box and it was really menthol heavy - it made my skin burn and sting quite a bit. I prefer my Clinique pore minimizing refining clay mask so will pass this onto someone else to try out.

Jing Whole Leaf Teabags RRP £5.40 for 15 teabags
Ooh I love me some posh tea! I got some tasty flowering dragon eye tea in my first ever SheSaidBeauty March box and LOVED it. I got two little sachets in this one - a Jasmine Silver Needle and a Jade Sword. I actually gave these two samples to a friend who is a big fan of herbal and loose leaf teas, and she consumed these pretty quick - I guess that was an indication that she liked them!

So, it's a farewell to SheSaidBeauty boxes and I have to say, this was a fairly nice box to finish with. Ah well, at least my bank balance will thank me for only one beauty box subscription per month now!!

Disclaimer - I subscribed to the SheSaidBeauty box out of my own choice and money, but alas that is to be no more. It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner,  I am also not compensated for my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...