Pages

Saturday 5 January 2013

The astrid & miyu Secret Box

 

A while back in 2012 (wow it still sounds a little weird saying that?!) I saw a post on Tali's blog, Glossy's Wardrobe about a brand called astrid & miyu - a new online design jewellery brand based in London. I checked out their website, and oh boy did I fall in love... Hopelessly in love, with their beautiful, unique pieces in gold, silver and rose gold, adourned with crystals, diamantés and semi-precious stones....sigh

Astrid & miyu means "exceptionally beautiful" in Swedish and Japanese and their mission is to make every woman feel just that. Connie and Jenny are the co-founders and masterminds behind the brand which was launched in 2011. They believe in subtle, classic, effortless style with a subtle twist. So their jewellery pieces are designed by teams in England, South Korea and Italy; are ethically made and only in limited quantity because 'everyone deserves to be unique'.

Anyhow, I was unusually restrained and didn't make a purchase. In the coming months I dutifully checked their website to see what new stock they got in from time-to-time and to also gaze longingly at the Love At First Sight ring in rose gold, with the intention of putting it on my Christmas list (if I didn't cave first).

Then in November I received an email about astrid & miyu's new jewellery concept - the Secret Box. For £39 (one-off or every quarter) you can sign up to receive a Secret Box of astrid & miyu jewellery up to the value of £200. Well, you all know my love affair with beauty boxes, so naturally I signed up immediately! Astrid & miyu send out a survey to all their subscribers so they can tailor the contents of your box to you and your tastes - that way, hopefully you don't receive products that you already own or products you can't wear.

Then just before Christmas my first box arrived.... eeek! (cue some dodgy iPhone photos as I was too eager to get this beauty open, I didn't have time to set up a proper camera!) Warning: this post is very photo heavy.

 







Wrapped inside some colourful geometric paper was the typical astrid & miyu packaging - a cream box stamped with the branding. Inside which was two astrid & miyu jewellery pouches and some exclusive offers for Secret Box subscribers from Jemima Vine, The Fold, ABO and of course, astrid & miyu.

The pouches themselves are beautiful - cream canvas, edged with lace and a cream drawstring bow to tie up - but inside the pouches were two gorgeous glittering pairs of earrings. Astrid & miyu sent me the rose gold Puppy Love and the Tiny Lucky Charm earrings. Just feast your eyes on these little beauties...




These Puppy Love earrings were designed following the success of astrid & miyu's signature Puppy Love ring. They are made up of three rose gold plated brass flowers, encrusted with glittering white Swarovski crystals. And at £59 that's the cost of the Secret Box covered already! They are slightly heavier than I'm used to wearing, but not so much that they don't hang right in the ear. I love how sparkly the crystals are, even with my hair down you notice these babies instantly.
  


The Tiny Lucky Charm studs though are my favourite. These four-leaf clover floral earrings are made from brass with glittery white onyx and are so simpe yet elegant, I know I'm going to get loads of wear out of these everyday. And at £29 they are an added bonus.

I am so impressed with my earrings, they are both beautiful and such qood quality. My £39 box was worth nearly £90 in the end - which is fantastic value for money! I had the initial intention of subscribing for only the first box and cancelling after that, but I don't think I can now... I'm so desperate to see what they'll send me next!

I'm hoping that next time I get a bracelet and/or ring... oooh if I got the Love At First Sight ring I'd be in heaven :)

Disclaimer - I have not been sponsored for this post and I purchased the Secret Box out of my own monies. For the terms and conditions or further information about astrid & miyu's Secret box then please check out their site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...