Pages

Sunday 10 March 2013

GlossyBox - March - City Chic



This month's theme for GlossyBox was 'City Chic' and I have to admit that they hit the nail on the head for those essential handbag beauty staples that help keep you looking effortlessly glamorous. And if that wasn't enough, they teased me with their little travelling book - an exciting guide to cities around the world... oh how I crave a holiday right now!!

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Skin Protectant Fragrance Free - 7ml sample size - full size 50ml £25
The Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream is as iconic as the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and can you believe that neither exist in my vast beauty collection?! I know, bad beauty blogger indeed. Eight hour cream has so many uses (chapped lips, dry hands, smooth cuticles, shape brows, refresh skin... to name but a few!) that it would make a handy go-to handbag saviour for those little beauty emergencies. I'm glad that it's fragrance free too -  the original version never quite appealed in scent to me.

Nails Inc. Nail Varnish in St. James - 4ml sample size - full size 10ml £11
Ooh I do love a good nail varnish and if it comes in a cute dinky little bottle - even better! I already own a similar shade to St James which I showed here on my other blog Brush up and Polish up! but this red seems to be on the pinker side of pillar box red, so it's not exactly the same. I love Nails Inc. products full stop - easy to apply, gorgeous colours and a smooth finish - so GlossyBox could never really get it wrong with this one.

Juicy Couture Fragrance in Couture La La - 1.5ml sample size - full size 100ml £63
Hmmm, skimping a little with a fragrance sample? Well I have to admit that a small handbag spray is quite handy at times so I see how it fits with the theme. I also have to confess that I'm not really a fan of Juicy Couture (the packaging is quite garish and just screams tacky to me I'm afraid) but the fragrance is actually fairly pleasant. It has a nice floral tone to it with a hint of musk as well as being not too overbearing and quite feminine. I doubt I will repurchase but it was a nice little sample to try.

Tresemmé Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray - 100ml sample size - full size 500ml £4.69
Perfect timing GlossyBox - I'd just run out of my handbag size and this was the perfect replacement. I tend to go for the lighter hold options though as the stronger ones can get a bit heavy in my fine hair. I have always bought Tresemmé hairspray, the big ol' tins for the dresser and a little one for the handbag. I'm sure you're all very well aware of what a hairspray does so I don't need to explain that one but the various brands do tend to differ. I guess I settled on Tresemmé a while ago when the shop own brands failed to do the job and Elnett was just too ridiculously expensive for a hairspray. Repurchase? Of course! This just saved me the job of a trip to Boots.

Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Lip Blush in Cranberry - full size 2.5g £12
I last tried a Jelly Pong Pong product in July's Glossybox and wasn't disappointed so it was nice to see another offering from the brand in this month's box. I would have preferred the pinker shade they do in this range, I'm not really a red lippie person, but I gave it a go anyway. They advertise this as a 'lip blush' which is essentially a balm like lip stain that moisturises and injects a bit of colour (just imagine a Clinique Chubby Stick and you're there). It was very easy to apply and very smoothing on the lips although I was a little wary (as I am with most lipsticks) that I'd end up smudging it and getting red smeared all over my face, thanks to the habitual lip chewer that I am. Asides from my fear of red, this was a lovely product that I would consider repurchasing - in a different shade of course!

If you like the idea of subscribing to GlossyBox, then use this referral link to sign up today.


Disclaimer - I have subscribed to GlossyBox out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get points towards a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...