Pages

Sunday 29 September 2013

Handpicked Media's London Fashion Week Suite 2013

Earlier this month I was invited along to the Handpicked Media London Fashion Week event at the luxurious One Aldwych in London. Each year, Handpicked Media host a suite during London Fashion Week for their lucky bloggers to meet with lots of brands and try out new products and launches.

Having never attended any blogger events prior to this, I was a little unsure as to whether to go and if I could fit it in amongst being back to school. But I took the plunge, and trained it down to London early on the Saturday morning for a fantastic day of meet and greets with a whole load of pampering thrown in too.

After meeting the lovely Krista (@beautyanthedirt), founder of Handpicked Media, I explored the rooms and met with some amazing brands and fellow bloggers.




The magpie in me was drawn to the Anna Lou of London stand immediately. An abundance of shiny jewels were laid out for our perusal, showcasing the new Luxe collection - I am in LOVE with the Jade Bracelet - and the gorgeous Anna herself (@annalouoflondon) was there chatting to us about their unique personalisation service. They offered bloggers a chance to design own own piece of personalised jewellery and I can't wait to show you the necklace I ordered...


Photo courtesy of Handpicked Media Facebook

The wonderful Superdry PR girls (@SuperdryPR) were there too to talk us through the new Superdry Beauty launches for 2013 and their amazing new collaboration with Timothy Everest. I used the mobile mirror (above) to try a few of the coats on and I loved the luxurious feel of all the fabrics and small attention to details of each piece. The shorter blazers were my favourite and there will be a post very soon dedicated to this collection...


Photo courtesy of Handpicked Media Facebook

Bourjois (@bourjois_uk) was also on hand, fresh from doing the make-up for the Zoe Jordan show, recreating the look for us bloggers. Lisa gave me the lowdown on some amazing new Bourjois products and touched up my make-up with the theme 'skater girl grown up, with a cyber glow' from the runway show. And after Karen glammed up my Shellac manicure with one of the new nail polish launches for Halloween, Rachael (@Rachie_22) gave me a little goodie bag crammed with Bourjois that I can't wait to share with you all!



I was extremely honoured to have the talented Errol Douglas (@ErrolDouglas1) squeeze me in for a quick Moroccan Oil (@MoroccanOil) hair makeover too. As I enviously watched Errol work his magic on fellow bloggers Alice (@Super_Gorgeous), Helena (@Beaut_Chic) and Hannah (@lippyinlondon) I chatted to the lovely Natalie (@NataliJaconelli) and she talked me through some of the products. When it was my turn in the hot seat, Errol decided to volumise my hair with some bouncy curls. He used straighteners to create the curls, carefully pinning them to my head as he went, to let them cool and hold their shape for longer. He liberally sprayed some Moroccan Oil hairspray to hold the style and add some shine.


I also found some time to fit in a super relaxing hot stone massage with the talented therapists from Mandara Spa and a chat with the HD Brows girls who gave me some of their new make-up launches to take away.

Along with the brands that I have already mentioned, there was a whole host of other products that I hope to share with you guys over the next few months so stay posted because there's so much to share and so little time...



Disclaimer - this event was organised for bloggers by Handpicked Media and I was gifted products from various brands from the day. Any future posts that share these items with you will clearly state that they are PR products given to me for my review and consideration and thus not purchased by myself.. And trust me, there's a lot of free stuff to share with you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, looked amazing! Can't wait to see all your makeup goodies. Loved the hair i might even have a go woop!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...