Pages

Saturday 9 June 2012

GlossyBox - May - First Anniversary Edition

So after the rather late postage of the April GlossyBox, the May one seemed to come round even sooner! In fact I've just been billed for my June one, so I better get my arse in gear and write my review of May's box before it no longer matters.

May 2012 meant only one thing for GlossyBox - their First Anniversary! And what better way to celebrate than with another special edition box, although we welcome back the soft pink packaging with a slight twist this time round...





Wow! I think this is the first time I've struggled to fit everything in my GlossyBox for a photo! Another impressive box was delivered this month although I have one small moan - no make-up! Ah well, it's not I like I need anymore make-up anyway!

This month's packaging was back to the good old soft pink box, but with a little twist of printed tissue paper and first anniversary ribbon - subtle, but I like it. As it's the first birthday, we also received a pink balloon and a little handbag mirror. But more importantly, what products did I get?

Let's Go Lashes in Temptress - full size product worth £8.95

False lashes, a great item to get, but after my SheSaidBeauty box for May also had some lashes, I was less excited about these than I would have normally been. In fact, the last time I got lashes in a beauty box was Carmine's January box so we've had none for ages and then two come along at once! As I've said before, I'm an avid collector of false lashes so I was pleased to receive a brand I've never heard of, or tried before. Let's Go Lashes come in 40 different style... yes 4-0! and they are 100% human hair. They also come with glue and are re-usable. Perfect! The 'Temptress' ones I received are quite long and add volume to give a glamorous look. Maybe I will bite the bullet and actually wear some this Summer on one of many hen parties I've been invited too... we'll see! (Psst! Let's Go Lashes are actually Blink & Go lashes in disguise - they've been renamed... cheeky GlossyBox!)
Lolita Lempicka Fragrance Samples in L'Eau en Blanc and Si Lolita - both 0.8ml sample size - full size 100ml L'Eau en Blanc £65 and 100ml Si Lolita £63

Uh oh, perfume samples! Normally, I would have been a little peeved to receive a sample that I could have gotten from a department store myself, but all was forgiven when I smelt Si Lolita! Oh my god, I love it! L'Eau en Blanc is nice, but too musk-y for my liking. However, Si Lolita is to die for, with it's Sweet Pea freshness, it's top of my next purchases list from House of Fraser. And the bottles... oh the bottles!

Noble Isle Summer Rising Bath and Shower Gel - 75ml sample size - full size 250ml £20.00

I've not heard of Noble Isle before but I'm sure this is going to be the start of a long and happy relationship... I received a bottle of the Summer Rising Bath & Shower gel and it's just too good to save for travel, I'm halfway through it already and it smells divine! Noble Isle is a relatively new British brand on the market (est. 2011) and their product collection features quintessentially British natural extracts sourced from the UK. I can't wait to try out some of their other products...
Uniqone All In One Hair Treatment - 9ml sample size - full size 150ml £13.99

It's been a while since I got a hair product in a Beauty Box and I've surprised myself in realising that hair samples seem to be the thing that I use up most - more than make-up in fact!!! I loved the Paul Mitchell sample from February's GlossyBox, the Philip Kingsley from February's feelunique.com's box and the Aveda samples from March's SheSaidBeauty box. Now I have one more to add to my collection, the Uniqone All In One Hair Treatment! It claims to be the first leave-on mask on the market that offers 10 benefits to satisfy all your hair needs. It apparently (deep breath)... repairs damaged hair, controls shine and frizz, protects from heat, makes hair silky smooth, protects coloured hair, makes brushing and styling easier, helps with detangling, keeps hair styles lasting longer, prevents split-ends, and adds body.... whoa! Well I can vouch that my hair feels amazing with this in and smells gorgeous! Repurchase? Hell yeah!

Weleda Iris Hydrating Day Cream - 7ml sample size - full size 30ml £10.95

This was probably my least favourite product from this month's GlossyBox. I have very oily skin and this Iris Hydrating Day Cream is aimed at dry to very dry skin. So I won't be trying it out on my face. I was a little annoyed that the packaging is not in English, not even the info leaflet inside! So I had to trawl the internet to find out about it Weleda and thankfully their website was quite helpful. I already own the Weleda Pomegranate Creamy body Wash from the January Carmine Box, and honestly, haven't touched that yet! So I fear that this will end up much the same way. Weleda did win in the 2012 CEW Beauty Awards for some of their products, so maybe I need to give them a chance, but frankly, I have more exciting products to be trying out at the moment.



In all, great box from GlossyBox this month. Still not my favourite box, but it's definitely up there! Once again, I'm now super eager to see what June's will bring, roll on the 18th June...

 If you love the idea of the GlossyBox beauty box and want to sign up too, then use this referral link to subscribe now.


Disclaimer - I have subscribed to GlossyBox out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get points towards a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...