Pages

Wednesday 6 June 2012

SheSaidBeauty Box - May Edition

OK, so I'm a little late on this one. My June box has already arrived and I've yet to post about my May boxes from either GossyBox or SheSaidBeauty! But as it's half term, I can do some serious blog post catch ups. So stay tuned for more beauty box reviews.

First up is SheSaidBeauty's May Beauty Box, and they do seem to be slowly improving...




Immediately, I was more impressed with this box than the last - 1) no comfort zone products 2) no nail varnish and 3) no lip balm! Also, out of the 5 products, 2 were full size and of course in true SheSaidBeauty style, an extra little freebie too. So what exactly did I get?

Green People SPF 15 with Tan Accelerator - 20ml sample size - full size 100ml £12.99 or 200ml £17.95

Being fair skinned and lacking in ability to tan (it's fake all the way for me I'm afraid!) SPF is always welcome in my world! So I was pleased to see an SPF product in a beauty box for once. I've heard of Green People somewhere before, but not tried their products. This sun lotion is SPF 15, so I'd only really use it in the UK, but is water resistant, has broad spectrum UV protection, tan accelerator and doesn't contain added chemicals like SLS etc. As an added bonus, it isn't tested on animals and 10% net profit is donated to charity! This certainly ticks all the ethics boxes!
I like the fact that it is scent free - in fact it strongly resembles the scent of Sudocrem! Oh the childhood memories... All in all a great product that I will strongly consider repurchasing.

Inika Certified Vegan Lip Whip in Apricot - 8ml full size £14.30

Now Inika must be on a beauty box mission - last month's GlossyBox had the eye/lip liner and now SheSaidBeauty has the lip whip! Well I'm not complaining as I'm new to the brand and am eager to try a few of their offerings but I can see how some may get a little annoyed with repeating brands. I received the lip whip in Apricot - a lovely soft champagne/beige shimmer, almost bronze - and comes as a gloriously creamy formula. It's not quite a gloss, nor a lip balm, but somewhere in between. It has the softness of a balm but without the stickiness of a gloss and it suited me perfectly! It doesn't last particularly long - well few lip products do on me - but it smells gorgeous - very citrus... orange maybe??? and looks fantastic. For a full size product, I'm very happy with it but at £14.30 it's a little pricey for a repurchase.
Kim Kardashian Eau De Parfum - 3ml sample size - full size 30/50/100ml £22.95-£39.95

I know a few people are against perfume samples in beauty boxes, but when they are a little bigger than two sprays worth I don't mind so much. I was extremely sceptical however when I realised is was Kim Kardashian's debut fragrance... oh yay!! Well, I tried it anyway and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised to say that I quite like it - a pleasant sweet, floral smell that lasts quite well on the skin. Don't get me wrong, I won't be rushing out to buy the full size, but as a travel sized sample it will do.
Natio Lotus Soap Trio in Blue Lotus - 150g sample size - 3x150g full size £8.50

OK, now please don't call it a 'trio' if there is only one item! I get that this soap is part of a trio, but I would have preferred three smaller sizes of the whole trio instead of one large soap. Saying that, it is a soap and not much to rave about. I prefer liquid soaps so I've put this beside my sink to use it up, but after that, will most likely go back to my normal pumps. It smells quite strong, but not unpleasant. I would have preferred to try a different Natio product in the box as I think this has gotten me less interested in the brand now.

The Vintage Cosmetic Company False Lashes in Kitty - full size £6.00

Ooh I do love a good pair of falsies! Although I am truly crap at applying them, I seem to have an obsession with collecting false lashes! I've not tried these before but was pleased with the look of the set that I got in my box. They are perfect for creating volume and a real 'glamour puss' look. I love that they are tapered to get longer towards the outer corner of the eye. I haven't tried the glue yet, but will probably resort to my duo glue as always. Overall a nice product to receive.

Snowberry Nourishing Lite Day Cream, Bright Defence Day Cream No.1 and Bright Defence Face Serum - 3ml sample sizes - see salonskincare.co.uk/snowberry for details

So this month's freebie sachets were some skincare samples from Snowberry. I've not heard of the brand before and the products were nice, but not enough to make me purchase the full size versions. I was most impressed by the Bright Defence Day Cream No.1 for oily skin, but I think I still love my Clinique DDMG more. Is it a little sad that I was more happy with the little pink mesh bag??? A great way to store jewellery for travelling!

In all I was quite pleased with May's SheSaidBeauty box - there were some great new brands to sample and they finally got out of the lip balm/nail varnish rut that I moaned about disliked from the previous boxes.

Here's to hoping that the future boxes continue to be as good!

If you like the idea of the SheSaidBeauty box then use this referral link to start your subscription now!
Disclaimer - I have subscribed to the SheSaidBeauty box out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...