Pages

Saturday 3 November 2012

SheSaidBeauty Box - August Edition

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.... I feel I have neglected Brush up and Make-up! somewhat over the last couple of months for all the nail posts over at Brush up and Polish up! - it's November for heaven's sake and I've yet to post about some August beauty boxes!

Well anyways, the next few posts will be a little boring I'm afraid with all the boxes, but I still have some other stuff in store so stay posted.



July's box was a very much love-hate thing with repeated brands and that ridiculous Debenhams Beauty Card as a bonus (it still riles me every time I think about it.. grrr!) but the Freeze 24-7 was a turn up for the books. So I dreaded August's box for fear of more disappointment and if I'm honest it was much the same as the last.

White Glo Professional Choice toothpaste - 2.4g sample - full size 150g £4.07
Uh oh, SheSaidBeauty are at it again! Another repeat product from another beauty box - I received this exact product sample back in February in a Carmine box (link). Now I can forgive this a little, because I was really impressed with the toothpaste when I tried it out before. But still, SheSaidBeauty you are letting us down! More original ideas for samples please and soon!!

Papier Poudré Rachel Powdered Paper - 1 booklet of 20 sheets - 6 pack of booklets £7.95
Wow, this was a different sample to receive. These absorbent powdered sheets remind me of the oil blotting sheets that Clearasil used to do. If I'm honest, I love the idea of these products for my oily skin but in reality I never get round to using them. The powdered finish on the sheets help to give an instantly mattified appearance to the skin and don't seem to cake it on too heavily. Here's hoping they don't sit in my handbag for months on end unused!

Redken Color Extend Radiant-10 - 30ml sample - full size 170ml £19.99 introductory price
Now this made the box really feel like it was meant for me?! I LOVE Redken products and currently use the Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner, so this treatment spray was a great product to get. It smells amazing and can be used on both damp or dry hair. It is supposed to make the hair... (deep breath)... stronger, protected, moisturised, detangled, softened, nourished, vibrant, manageable, frizz-free and shiny. It does make my hair feel soft and smooth without the added heaviness of a styling cream so it will be a definite repurchase for me I think.

Balance Me Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve - 10ml full size worth £12.00
Oh I do love a lip balm. Balance me is a brand that was first introduced to me by Carmine (here) and then again in the June SheSaidBeauty box (here) so it's starting to get a little repetitive. But I do like the brand and it's paraben/sulphate etc. free ingredients that are sourced from natural origins. This balm feels lovely on and softens my lips well but I'm just not overly keen on the Rose scent. It gives me a bit of a headache I'm afraid, aside from that, a lovely product.

Absolutely Flawless Nail Foils in SNF021  - 16 foil sample pack - full size 32 foils £1.90
Oh how I dislike nail foils! Having said that, I hadn't actually tried any out until this sample but I have decided as a result, that these are definitley not for me. Ok so there's no drying time but easy to apply they are not. No chipping perhaps not, but peeling edges are bloody annoying and the designs aren't the best. But for £1.90 a pack, I'm not sure if I should expect anything better. I won't let these rule out nail foils compeltely for me but hand me a nail art brush any day!

4711 Eau de Cologne - 3ml sample - full size 100ml £17.00
The wonder water. Classic it may be but for me it is not. I did not like this at all, too chemically smelling (is that even a word??) for my liking.

So, what do we think of August's box? Well, I have to admit, some of the products were very me indeed - Redken spray, Lip balm and Powder Sheets. Even the naff nail foils were something I'd been wanting to try, even if they were utterly useless. A slight turn up for the books in my eyes, well done SheSaidBeauty :)

If you like the idea of the SheSaidBeauty box then use this referral link to start your subscription now!

Disclaimer - I have subscribed to the SheSaidBeauty box out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...